Friday, November 26, 2010

I Sit In Awe........

As everyone was posting what they were thankful for, I decided I'd write not what I'm thankful for but what I'm in awe of. There are so many things that just boggle my wee little mind right now, (which may be in part that there is a human child taking up residence in my gut and that it is a constant reminder of how crazy life is, or in part that as I get older I realise I'm not the All-Powerful Lary of Oz.) Whatever the reason, here you go!
I'm in awe of my husband. And not just his weirdness, which is pretty awe-inspiring in it's self. I'm in awe of how he is able to work 12 hour nights in a job that rarely sees anything good and still be able to come home and make a fort with his kids. In awe of how he helps around the house on his days off (he is amazing with the steam cleaner!) and how he is ready to welcome our next child into the world in spite of all the horrible things in the world that he sees everyday.
I'm in awe of my parents. They have done so much for us throughout the years, from driving me and my sister to dance classes an hour plus away, even in the worst of Oregon winters, to leaving their beautiful mountain home just to move closer to us. To Homedale. The arm-pit of Idaho. Which is just sheer craziness in itself!
I'm in awe of my sister. She has moved her family across the states to take care of other people's children that really need her. She has more patience in her big toe (which is rumored to be a really big, big toe. Heeheehee) than I have in my whole body. She manages to raise her own 3 kids and cook huge quantities of food for the huge quantities of kids in her house. Her own son is allergic to pretty much everything, so she has to make him his own food most of the time. I doubt I could do that seeing as how I live on potatoes & cheese, both of which he is allergic to. If he were mine, I'd probably stick him in a bubble just so I could eat my cheesy potatoes!
My friends. I have many wonderful friends who amaze me each day. Friends who have dealt with or dealing with loss that I can't even imagine. Yet they still get up every day and take care of their families with a smile on their faces and take time to help me if I'm having my own bad day. Other friends who have gone through divorces, custody battles, health issues and horrible childhoods and yet these are the same people who would drop everything for me anytime. These people are really angels on earth, even if their halos are a little crooked sometimes.
The people I don't even know. Some people who are friends of friends, or cases that Ian works on, or even the random people on face book that we befriend accidentally, these people are warriors. Their own personal stories make me wonder what I ever have to be whining about!
And so I sit on my ever-expanding bottom and pat my ever-expanding babybump and give a shout out to all of you who have impacted so many of us in good ways. May you have a wonderful holiday season and tip a glass (of juice, so I don't feel left out!) to yourselves. You deserve it!

7 comments:

  1. Hey wait... Am I one of those that you "accidentally" befriended on facebook??? Well, even if so, love you bunches and can't wait to see all of you again. It won't be soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. yep, you are one of those! I just can't seem to get rid of you! Hope we can get together soon, maybe as soon as the snow melts if I'm not in labor! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww.....this was precious. I am in awe of your joy that endures all. You are a true light in this world my friend. I love you and miss you deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lary of Oz...snort, hee hee!

    Now I just want cheesey potatoes...

    Miss you and hope we don't live forever apart forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot to be in awe of. Of course, I think we are all in awe of the wonderful person/friend that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww! feelin' the love! thanks, guys! i miss & love u all!

    ReplyDelete