Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The 12 Days of Mommy Christmas

On the first day of Christmas, my children gave to me- a toy that i fell on, hurt my knee.
On the second day of Christmas, my children gave to me-two baskets of laundry.
On the third day of Christmas, my children gave to me- three sleepless nights.
On the fourth day of Christmas, my children gave to me- four dirty cereal bowls.
On the fifth day of Christmas, my children gave to me- five straight days of whining.
On the sixth day of Christmas, my children gave to me- six years of laughter.
On the seventh day of Christmas, my children gave to me- seven bedtime meltdowns.
On the eighth day of Christmas, my children gave to me- eight broken dishes.
On the ninth day of Christmas, my children gave to me- nine good morning kisses.
On the tenth day of Christmas, my children gave to me- ten "I love you, mommy"s.
On the eleventh day of Christmas, my children gave to me- eleven good night hugs.
On the twelth day of Christmas, my children gave to me- twelve months of pure bliss.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!

3 comments:

  1. By the way, i do expect you all to sing this as you read it, as I had to sing it while writing! And I did take liberties with the two baskets of laundry, in reality, it is closer to ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't sing it because your nephew is addicted to the really old Popeye cartoons and "When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again" is playing in the background for the ELEVENTY-THOUSANDTH time this morning.

    It's still cute as a plain ol' poem though - no music necessary!

    ReplyDelete